Dog obedience school, Geelong
Every parent shudders when they think of their child’s terrible twos stage. Remember the toddler taming required to handle the tantrums, wilful behaviour and mischievousness?
Here’s the thing, it’s not just kids who need toddler taming. As they age, puppies too can become wilful and mischievous, which is why Geelong’s Bellarine Veterinary Practice runs a toddler taming dog obedience school for pups aged over 5 months old.
At this stage of development, puppies are more confident, which is why it’s important to continue puppy training and social development in a positive way. Bellarine Veterinary Practice obedience dog training places emphasis on teaching your puppy to be calm and relaxed in all environments. Our dog obedience sessions provide solutions to common problems including settling techniques, coming when called and walking on a lead. This class gives the owner confidence in their ability to train their dog.
Toddler taming is the perfect option for puppies who missed puppy training or for those owners who want to continue to expand the basic skills and socialisation already learned. Another bonus of toddler training is that the regular sessions help to prevent anxiety when your dog visits the vet in the future.
Toddler Taming is held at Newcomb and Ocean Grove veterinarian clinics.
What to bring
- Proof of C5 vaccination (if vaccinated elsewhere).
- Your dog on a collar and lead, or harness (No chain or choker collars).
- Small dog treats that your dog loves.
Toddler Taming policies
- Chain or choker collars are not permitted.
- No physical punishment.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead unless instructed otherwise. It’s a good idea to get them used to wearing a collar before the first night.
- Dogs must be up to date with vaccinations and worming.
- Bookings are essential and classes must be paid for before commencement.