COVID-19 UpdateMarch 19, 2020
The health of our clients and team is our number one priority at Bellarine Veterinary Practice (BVP) with respect to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Over the past couple of weeks we have been taking appropriate measures in accordance with the Health Dept advice.
Due to the normal care of your pets, our clinics are held to an extremely high cleaning and sterility processes, so our focus has been to remind and reiterate current processes already in place.
Just as we have asked our own team, our main point is that if you are suffering any cold or flu like symptoms please reschedule your appointments.
Please see below our action plan which has been in place for some time and is reviewed daily
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact one of our friendly reception team.
What you can do to help us?
– Please limit visits to one person per animal being brought into the clinic.
– On arrival please call reception and wait in your car (weather permitting). Staff will then return your call when your appointment is ready to reduce numbers in the waiting room and respect social distancing (1.5m spacing between people).
– Please ring and pre-order medications, food, flea & worm products to minimise the amount of time needed to spend in the clinic. We also encourage pre-payment over the phone to reduce contact with eftpos machines and reception areas
– Wash your hands. Always wash hands if organic material is present, and dry hands with a disposable paper towel. For the COVID-19 virus, soap and water hand washing over a 20 second period is sufficient.
– Use hand sanitiser in the absence of organic matter. Hand sanitiser is provided at all our reception desks.
– Clients will be receiving the following sms reminder for appointments. Please reschedule if this applies:
“From Bellarine Veterinary Practice for ‘Fluffy’. We have an appointment scheduled at (location), on (date) at (time). If you have traveled overseas in the past two weeks or if you are unwell please call 52482009 to reschedule “
– Reduce cash and card handling (reception staff will ask you to swipe/tap your cards where possible)
What our team are doing
– Wiping surfaces & reducing excess surfaces – any high touch areas wiped down multiple times a day
– Sanitising door handles, phones, keyboards and light switches
– Replacing patient towels in treatment rooms as per normal hygiene standards
– If they have a cough or cold they are not coming to work. We have clear guidelines in place for staff to take leave if they are unwell during this time.
– Signs on the door of every clinic reminding people not to enter if they are showing symptoms
– Temporarily no magazines in waiting area
– Replacing reusable cloths with paper towel
– Minimal movement of staff amongst clinic locations