What do yellow leads & ribbons on dogs mean?July 24, 2017
A YELLOW lead helps raise awareness that a dog needs some space.
There are many reasons why a dog may need space:
- Newly adopted
- Learning self-control around other dogs
- In- training
- Illness or recovering from surgery
- Shyness of people
- Fearful of unfamiliar or rowdy
- Intolerance of other animal
- Fearful of unfamiliar people
- Aging and elderly
- Injuries or painful physical conditions like arthritis
- Deaf or Blind
Wearing a yellow lead does not mean these dogs are “bad”, rather that they do better with space. Please maintain a respectable distance or give this dog and their person time to move out of your way.